This October 1st will mark the 1st ever Horasis Extraordinary Meeting, in which world leaders will gather virtually to devise solutions to overcome the profound economic, political and social disruptions caused by COVID-19.
The list of attendees is expected to be as comprehensive as it is impressive.
Among the political leaders to attend are President of Armenia, Armen Sarkissian; President of Namibia, Hage G. Geingob; Former Vice-President of Egypt, Mohamed ElBaradei; Former Prime Minister of New Zealand, Helen Clark; Former Prime Minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert; and Former President of Slovenia, Danilo Türk.
Horasis, an independent international organization dedicated to inspiring our future, was founded by Frank-Jürgen Richter in 2005.
At Horasis Extraordinary Meeting politicians and business leaders will meet to debate and advance policies that, among other topics, include revitalizing economic growth, COVID-19 vaccination availability, climate change commitments, overcoming discrimination and inequality, nurturing inclusive leadership, reaching sustainable development goals, mental health crises, and more.
Co-Chairs of the upcoming conference include:
- Ibukun Awosika, Chairman, First Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria
- Hikmet Ersek, Chief Executive Officer, Western Union, USA
- J. Erik Fyrwald, Chief Executive Officer, Syngenta, Switzerland
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Chairperson, HCL Corporation Ltd., India
- Hank McKinnell, Chairman, Moody’s, USA
- Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President and CEO, AGCO, USA
- Hans Vestberg, Chief Executive Officer, Verizon Communications, USA
Featured photo of Horasis Chairman Frank-Jürgen Richter