Cycling has become the best alternative to public transport in crowded cities. As more people switch to two wheels, cycling accessories have become a huge market with enthusiasts spending more on useful gadgets than the bike itself.
Shoka Bell has just launched on Kickstarter and has already raised 80%,over $60K of it’s goal in just a few hours! At the heart of Shoka Bell is a collective of keen cyclists who simply want to make cycling safer, easier and more fun! Shoka is built around the Cycling Lifestyle. It combines a navigation system, front light, security alarm and bell into a single unit that can be mounted on a handlebar.
For every bike ride you can change the sound of the bell. Honk for a car, a polite ding for pedestrians, or even record your own message. Through the app custom ringtones can be created and even more sounds are available to download for free. Every time a Shoka Bell is rung, it’s shared with the Shoka community and collectively users will warn other cyclists of dangerous junctions and difficult routes.
Shoka Bell will alert you to upcoming problem areas with an easily visible series of 72 LED lights on the top of the device. Shoka Bell always chooses the safest route, simply enter the destination in the companion app and Shoka Bell guides you turn by turn using clear arrow signals.
Bike security is also vital if you’re a cyclist. Shoka Bell will alert you if your precious bike is moved. The clamp that is permanently attached to your bars acts as a motion sensor, if any movement is felt the Shoka Bell will ring and light up to alert you wirelessly up to 250m away.
Here’s a full list of features:
- Navigation – Simply connect your bell to the Shoka app, set your destination and let the top LEDs guide you
- Safety and Community – Every time a Shoka Bell is rung, the data is collected and alerts riders that a difficult route or junction is ahead
- Bell – The joystick on Shoka Bell allows users to make 8 different custom sounds – e.g a loud honk for a passing car or a simple ring for a pedestrian
- Security Alarm – Take your bell with you, the permanently attached clamp acts as motion sensor and alerts you if your bike is moved
- Light – Adaptive light with 8 front facing LEDs so that you can be seen, but not blind anyone
Daniel Falus, CEO and Founder of Shoka commented: “Cycling is a fantastic way to get around, it’s eco-friendly, cheap and healthy too, but it hasn’t really changed in a hundred years. With Shoka Bell we’re taking cycling into the future, every cyclist should be able to navigate safely and by building a community that shares its knowledge Shoka Bell can create the best routes for everyone. We are excited to bring this to the Kickstarter community and can’t wait to get Shoka Bar onto everyone’s handlebars.